Monday, June 1, 2015

Black Belt Parking



1. So far my new area is pretty sweet!!! We cover two cities, Beaufort and Ridgeland, which is pretty sweet! So we go to Ridgeland for almost half the week! This also means we have to go to two sacrament meetings, can't ever get enough of that sacrament though!

My new comp. Elder Godinez!
2. My companion is pretty rad! His name is Elder Godinez, and he is a legit Guatemalan! I think he might get annoyed of me a lot because I'm always asking him how to say things...


3. I haven't met to many people here yet, but we do go to church on the military base up in Beaufort and we have a Spanish Branch down in Ridgeland which is actually really nice to have!

4.We have a lot of pretty sweet investigators right now and we found a lot this past week! We are working pretty hard! It feels great!

It feels like I'm being trained again!! My last area we did very little Spanish work and now I'm with a native speaker (he is also very good at English that helps alot!) in an area where we mostly do Spanish work!!!! It is kinda stressful, but I'm liking the fact that I can see my Spanish progressing again! Hopefully by the time I'm done being companions with him I'll be fluent! I have to give a lesson this Sunday on the priesthood! Only in Spanish.... Wish me luck!!!! Don't get me wrong I'm really missing some people in Pearson, but this place has so much more people to teach!!!


I forgot to say that our zone met on Saturday in Savannah, so I got to relive some memories!!
Fun story that happened to me on my second day here! So When I got here the Elders who I live with told me a story about someone they the "Cane Guy"! He is a crazy old man with a can and handle bar mustache that they met while at wal-mart! They were just buying some groceries when all of the sudden he came up and ask them if they were Mormon, they said yes and he just went off on how they were sons of hell and he started waving his cane around. They tried to leave, but he kept fallowing them out to the car! Then he got in his creeper van and started waving his cane out the window at them! A few weeks later they run into his again at Wal-Mart and he does the same thing! When I heard that story I wanted to meet this guy! So I got my wish the next day while me and my companion, Elder Godinez, where helping a member at the DMV. We were helping translate for the member when my companion nudged me and told me that the cane guy was right behind me! After we finished helping her we told her that we had to go because we didn't want to make a scene, and as we started to leave the cane guy stood up and started hobbling after us! We started walking faster and got in our car and backed up to try to get away, but he started tapping on the window so I rolled it down, and he just gave me a card and told me to read it and find out the truth. Then later that day me and Elder Godinez went to Wal-mart because I forgot my towel in my last area and I was joking around saying that we were going to see the cane guy at Wal-mart, and right as we were leaving, we saw his van coming our way!! So we sped walked to our car and he fallowed us and then drove off once we got in our car, but when we started driving away, he some how ended up behind us and started fallowing us in our car down any street we would turn down so I got a little tired of that and sped up, and finally lost him, but man he was nuts!! haha!!

anyways I love you guys a bunch!!!

Elder Allen


Hispanics like shoving your face into cake.... haha!!

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment