Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015



We went fishing last Pday and did a little service for the member who let us go fishing off his dock!! 
I had the catch of the day!! Sadly it really was the catch of the day.....haha!



It says, respect your elders! haha!



I survived Thanksgiving!!! It wasn't at all as bad as last year! We had the same amount of meals, but they were all pretty spread out and the second meal was just a bowl of soup from this sweet elderly couple! It was a great day! I'm so ready for Christmas!!! haha! We've already started listening to some sweet Christmas tunes!! haha!


Gerber came back for a couple of days!!!
I'm doing pretty awesome! I'm very happy and lovin' life! The worst thing about this week is that Gary has been pretty sick so we still go over to visit him, but we can't talk to him for to long, and he wasn't able to come to church or to a thanksgiving activity that some members put on.... But other than that everything is gold!!

I'm not sure when our P-days go back to Monday, I still need to find out if Auburn is going to have a bowl game or not. This town is crazy right now because to day is THE IRON BOWL!!!! One of the biggest games in college football and it is being played in Auburn! I'm really not sure how big the game will really be because from what I hear Alabama is number two and Auburn isn't doing to well... They started tailgating at the beginning of the week! Football is life or death for people down here! It's pretty ridiculous....


We are hoping one of our investigators Johnathan can come to church tomorrow! He said that he might have time this Sunday to come, so we are praying for it!! Other than that nothing to eventful this week. I love you guys and hope all is well!


Elder Allen


kinda cheesy, but hey, what are you taking for granted? what are you thankful for?

I am so thankful for my (not in any particular order) Family, friends, My Savior, The people I'm teaching, My God, The chance I have to be alive and a missionary, the ward I'm in and all the wards I've served and will ever serve in, every single one of my companions, my trials, the good times in my life, music, the plan of happiness, my clothing, the little apartment I'm living in, the fact that I have a washing and drying machine, the scriptures, everyone of the prophets, Food, "technology, but not as much as you, you see, but I still love technology" because it allows us to email and face time! and the list goes on and on!!!!!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment